Paramedics perform a variety of routine and advanced patient care tasks under the direction of nursing staff and providers to assist in the examination, treatment, and care of patients of various ages and acuities. Additionally, Paramedics will be expected to perform a variety of clerical and technical tasks as assigned and according to the assignment setting including, but not limited to unit cleaning and organization, answering phones, directing patients and visitors, paging/calling professionals to assist in care of patients or other needs of the department.
Paramedics have a professional obligation to participate in committee activities, surveys, improvement initiatives, and continuing education.
Emergency Department (ED) Paramedics provide care for patients of all ages and acuity who suffer from a variety of illnesses and/or injuries.
• Graduate of an appropriate approved program
Required Licenses / Certification
• Paramedic Certification or Licensure through Texas DSHS
• ACLS and PALS or ENPC within 18 months
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Communication skills and behaviors conductive to high-stress situations with patients, families and visitors
• Interpersonal skills and ability to adapt approach to patients of all ages and personnel of all disciplines
• Professional maturity and accountability
• Maintain professional appearance and decorum at all times
• Handle confidential information
Position Type : Full Time
Leisha Elrod - HR Director
304 So. Daugherty
Eastland, TX 76448